Taken as a whole, innovation-related challenges are reshaping traditional auto industry structures and relationships
The Trends –
- Speed of innovation impacting capital returns and obsolescence of factory platforms
- The of breadth of innovation — how much it is altering the basic contours and features of the traditional automobile and amplifying the difficulty and cost of manufacturing cars
- The price tag for new parts, components, and functions – 20 percent higher than previous generation automobiles.
The Opportunities –
- Shared platforms and manufacturing
- Increased development work with technology suppliers/partners.
- Rethinking distribution outside the dealership model.
Argent Direction –
- Increased participation in assembly, testing and suppling emerging technology elements, i.e sensors, connected devices
- Asset tracking as distribution and shared platforms take precedence.
- Data center and data collection efficiencies and connectivity for navigating autonomous vehicles